Thursday, April 10, 2008

Shopping to feed my Addiction


OK, I think this new hobby is turning into an obsession! I've been shopping! We've been planning on adding a second Dutch Oven but what to buy? We were thinking a 12 inch shallow (6 quarts). I've seen the Lodge at a few different stores- $60 at Gander Mountain, $53 at Tractor supply, $48 at Wal-Mart. Then at Dick's Sporting Goods I found a Camp Chef Lewis and Clark 10 inch - also 6 quarts. Price $19.97 and it comes with a pretty nice lid lifter. So, at less than half the price for the same number of quarts, how could I resist??
I also found a fire place shovel for shoveling the coals (moving those coals one at a time with the tongs is a real pain in the you know what!). Actually it's a set with stand, log lifter, poker, and of course the shovel! I don't have a fireplace but they will come in handy around the campfire and they were on sale! Regular $14.99 for $5.00! Now I'll just give my husband the job of drilling the holes for the ash to fall through. So as you can see it has begun. I wonder when it will end ;D (Is there a treatment program for castironitis?)

No comments: