Saturday, April 19, 2008

Cute Little Cast Iron Half-Pints


I saw these cute little pots at Herb Philipson's today and could not resist! They are a Lodge half pint serving kettle. I'm not sure what I'll use them for but they were just so cute I bought two. The label says they are perfect for hundreds of uses so I'm sure I'll think of something. I thought they would be perfect for something served with a sauce or maybe melted butter, or just to serve your stews, chili, etc. Hmmmm, what should I make to use these?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It may not be for everyone, but it looks like a neat little pot to serve some homemade clam chowder in.

Ruth said...

Oh yeah, chowder sounds good. And someone on the Dutch oven cooking group mentioned Baking with them inside the DO. I hadn't thought of that but I think some individual corn breads would go good with that chowder.

annikab said...

Pot pies for one and cobblers would work wonderfully. Chowder sounds so good.